Make that seven heron nests at Greenview Pond!

Dear Birders,

I counted seven heron nests here at Greenview this morning.

I also saw shovelers (courting), hooded mergansers, ring necked ducks,
blue-winged teal, green-winged teal, red tail hawk, and red wings.  No sign
of the tundra swans...  The mute swan has taken over the beaver impoundment.

Will shovelers nest in this area?  There are approximately 8 pair on a
consistent basis here at Greenview.

John Argentati
Greenview Pond
Raleigh, North Carolina

Greenview Pond is located on Blaney Franks Road, just west of Lake Wheeler,
in Raleigh North Carolina.  In spite of the fact that it's just a small farm
pond and marsh, the Wake County Audubon Society has observed over 200
species of birds there over the years.