early rough-winged swallow in Greenville, NC?

This morning, there was a small, short-tailed, brown backed swallow
flying very swiftly in the vicinity of Green Mill Run at the
intersection of 10-th St. and College Hill Drive in Greenville, NC.  It
was very white underneath, except possibly at the throat, flying very
fast and smoothly.  Either there were few wingbeats or they were too
fast for me to see.  (I had no binoculars, as I was on my way to work.)
I supposed that it was a N. Rough-winged Swallow, but it isn't quite the
last week in March and Fussell lists them as being rare then.  Is there
any other possibility, and if so, what should I have looked for?

John Daughtry
Greenville, NC
daughtryjo@coastalnet.com