Ocracoke shorebirds

Greetings:
	On saturday, Joan Kutulas and I birded Hatteras Island and Ocracoke Island.
No big surprises, except for the number of shorebirds on the sound-side of
Ocracoke Island. At low tide we walked down a road beside the new nature
trail (Hammock something or other) down to the sound and found thousands of
shorebirds. They were mostly  distant, the light was poor, and we had not
brought a scope, but we saw lots of Black-bellied Plovers, Dunlins, Knots,
Yellowlegs, Willets, and at least 250 Marbled Godwits! There was probably
something really good out there!
	Jeff Lewis
	Manteo, NC