Rough-legged Hawk etc.

Carolinabirders
Spring is far slower up here in the mountains than it is with you folks down
at the coast. Winter is still hanging on up here and the birds echo that.
One of the star birds that is still around is the Rough-legged Hawk that was
seen at least a week ago in the Hooper Lane area of Mills River, NC. Wayne
Forsythe and I watched this possible adult female bird this morning and had
pretty good views of it quartering the overgrown fields.
Also we have had a scattering of Barn and Tree Swallows and a few
Blue-headed Vireos have started to trickle in.
On the Ventures front, we have 2 spaces just opened up on our April 22-26
Migration Venture to Dauphin Island, Alabama and our spring trips are
already filling up fast. Call us for a full brochure or check our web-site
listed below.
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures Birding and Nature Tours