Bald Eagle near Greenville, NC

 Hello, all.

 I just wanted to report my first bald eagle, somewhere slightly west of
Greenville NC.  Odd that I should see it there instead of somewhere closer
to home like Jordan Lake. We were driving on I-264 across some large swampy
areas, and I saw a huge dark shape in a large tree as we went by. Hm, too
large for a hawk...Is that a vulture?? Hey, a blindingly white head??
Ohmigosh, it's a bald eagle!!  Obvious and very exciting conclusion. Does
anyone know if  there are in fact bald eagles colonizing this area?  Or are
they migrating?

 Paula
Durham, NC