This Week at Hilton Pond 03/22/01 (Winter Finches)

HI . . .

Is it our imagination that fewer American Goldfinches and Pine
Siskins are visiting our feeders this year?

"Whither Went Our Winter Finches?" is the current photo essay on the
website for Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History.

Details and photos are at http://www.hiltonpond.org . Just click on
the logo for "This Week at Hilton Pond" and then select the week of
22-28 March 2001.

Also of interest are the week's bird banding totals, along with a
list of notable recaptures.

While you're browsing, please consider joining the Nature Study Network.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.