of Waxwings,Owls,and Condors

  For last 3-4 wks.have had 20-35 Cedar Waxwings flitting about my
apt.complex, but in yesterday's steady rain was thrilled to see closer to
150 of these jewels adorning the apt.fir trees like Xmas ornaments in March.

  7 nights ago saw Mr.and Mrs Campus Owl kissing/smooching the night away in
the backseat of a Holly Tree and haven't seen the female since, so believe
she is finally sitting on eggs -- today saw the male, chased by crows,
briefly seek refuge in their old nesthole, where I suspect the female is.
BTW, anyone who likes Barreds and hasn't checked
www.owlcam.com lately ought to give a click -- his owls (New England) also
went to nest last week accompanied by the usual good pics and text.

  Off-topic, but of general interest, just read a news blurb that biologists
found the first egg laid by a released Calif.Condor out west -- it's cracked
and won't hatch, but still considered a success, just to have them laying.