Myrtle Beach State Park

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Yesterday morning, March 30, Gary Phillips and myself birded at Myrtle
Beach S.P in Horry County, SC.  We had about 37 species. Highlights from
memory were
Sharp-shinned Hawk-1 in a strong glide but going the wrong way
E. Phoebe-1
Blue headed Vireo-2 together both lacked the blue head having a gray head
concolor to the back and no yellow on the flanks that area being a dirty
gray. At least one had a bold eye-ring and a subtle spectacle look.  The
other an eye ring which was not as conspicuous.  To me this guys were birds
were a little smaller and certainly slimmer than the typical Blue-headed in
winter here. Seems like it could be the Appalachian race? We even
considered Bell's but the wing bars were too strong.
Yellow-throated Vireo-1
Prairie Warbler-4
Black and White Warbler-1
No waterthrush yet!

We checked out the Black-bellied Whistling Ducks at Barefoot Landing. They
were there but according to the worker at nearby Alligator Adventure they
escaped from their enclosure. Rats! not countable!

Jack

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC