Eno River State Park, NC

Spent 2 hours this morning at the Fews Ford site of Eno SP.

Everyone was singing! On top of the usual encounters were several
singing field sparrows, eastern bluebirds, a Cooper's Hawk (not
singing just soaring!), a flock of yellow-rumps including a
spectacular male, brown thrashers singing and fighting, 10 waxwings
and my first singing common yellowthroat. All sightings/soundings
were made in and around the "field" adjacent to the last car park at
the end of the road. Also, the chipping sparrows have taken over my
feeders: counted 8 this morning, but had more than 20 there yesterday
a.m.

Steve Perry

Receptor Biology Lab, Duke Uni Med Center, Durham, NC

stevep@receptor-biol.duke.edu