RFI

Greetings:
We're heading to the mountains, specifically the Robbinsville area, for a
little R&R this month.  I'd appreciate information on the most worthwhile
birding spots for generally good migrant watching in the vicinity (hour or
so radius).

Also, some of you may remember my lamenting last year that we had to leave
the door of our partial basement open to accomodate carolina wrens nesting
inside.  Well, this year they are inside again, this time on a shelf on top
of some gardening supplies.  However, you may be pleased to know that we no
longer need to leave the door open for them to fly in and out.  The
squirrels have kindly gnawed a hole in the bottom of the door (to get to the
sunflower seed stash that we used to keep in there) through which the wrens
now gain access as well.  Mom's sitting on 4 eggs.  The sunflower seeds are
in the back of the car temporarily...hmmm, could be the makings of a good
horror flick!
Wendy Painter
Chapel Hill, NC