Re: Eggshells

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001 FScott445@aol.com wrote:

> About the egg shells, aren't you supposed to rinse and let dry or put them in
> the oven to dry before you put them out?  Don't remember where I heard or
> read that.  Maybe someone could tell us if it is necessary.

I've never heard of that one. If you're just putting out straight
eggshells, I don't think it's necessary. On the other hand, I've heard of
people mixing eggshells with birdseed; in that case, you probably do want
to clean or cook them beforehand to prevent nasty things from growing in
your bird feeders...

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose