raptor news

Greetings,
	Some news from Carolina Raptor Center that I thought might be
of interest to subscribers to the list. One of the Bald Eagles in our
aviary is incubating 2 eggs. A local TV station has set up a webcam
on the nest and updates images every few minutes. A link is provided
from our home page (http://www.birdsofprey.org). (There seems to be a
bit of technical problems this morning (Sunday), but this will be
straightened out).
	Also of interest is a link to a webcam at a Peregrine eyrie
in Harrisburg, PA, and a directory of nestcams in Peregrine eyries
around the world. Follow the links to "all about raptors" and then
nestcams. (I may have found this link through an email to
carolinabirds!)
	Lastly, for those who have been following our Osprey
migration maps, there are new maps for the male's trip home. He was
last reported passing west of Orlando, doing over 200 miles/day, and
could already be at his territory on Martha's Vineyard by now. Follow
the links to "migration" and then click on "Homeward Bound."

	Enjoy,
--

Rob Bierregaard

				Phones: 704 333 2405
Biology Department			704 547 3499
UNC-Charlotte			Faxes:	704 333 2404
9201 University City Blvd.		704 547 3128
Charlotte NC 28223-0001		rbierreg@email.uncc.edu

	http://www.bioweb.uncc.edu/bierregaard/