Chimney Rock Park Migrants

Carolinabirders:
Sue Pulsipher and I spent Sunday morning enjoying the sunshine, spring
wildflowers and birds at Chimney Rock Park. An excellent morning indeed
along the access road and Forest Stroll Trails.
Highlights included the following:
Yellow-throated Vireo 2 pairs
Blue-headed Vireo 2 pairs
Black-and-white Warbler 15+
Black-throated Green Warbler 25+ (everywhere!)
Hooded Warbler 3
Worm-eating Warbler 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 1
Yellow-throated Warbler 1
Louisiana Waterthrush 1
American Redstart 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler many
Pine Warbler 2
Plus a few lingering Winter Wrens, Brown Creepers and both kinglets.
There will be a guided bird walk at Chimney Rock Park on 21 April.
On the Ventures front, We have a day trip to the Congaree Swamp on 9 May, a
three day visit to Snowbird Lodge/Stecoah Gap from 1-3 May and a trip for
Kirtland's, Mourning and Connecticut Warblers in Michigan from 2-9 June.
Please contact me for details or check out the web site below.
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures Birding and Nature Tours
PO Box 1095