id help

About 6:45 last night, April 8, a bird landed in the top branches of a maple in our yard in North Raleigh. We could see it only from below, so the identification relies almost entirely on the breast features. It had a yellow-rumped warblers striped vest, but was the size of a grosbeak. It stayed for several minutes making the vest very clear. Try as I might, I could get only a few glimpses of the head which may have had a striped eye. Any thoughts on what it might have been? Thanks -- Sue Timmons, North Raleigh