Jordan Lake Fishing access on Big Woods Rd.-Great Egret, Mergansers

    Took my daughter fishing at @ 2PM today.  While she tried fishing, I
baited her hook with bread, and after it stopped drizzling got my binocs out
of the car because saw 3 ducks across the water.  They were Red-breasted
Mergansers, females.  Two flew off and one actually came in pretty close to
where we were along the shoreline.  The shoreline was a mess with discarded
and tangled up fishing line, also hooks and bobbers that were left stuck out
in the water, never mind all the other trash.  Was scary watching the
Merganser swimming so close to it.  Picked up some line but needed a pocket
knife to cut out much of it.
    Anyway, also saw a Great Egret fly by towards the north and heard
Pileateds calling often.

Shelley Theye

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC