Congaree Swamp NM 4-16-01

It was  beautiful day for a walk in the swamp today. I'd never been there
and had been curious about it. I have occasionally seen posts about birding
there, but not often. Maybe I understand that now. There were hundreds of
birds there today, but it was hard to find them. I only had 28 species
today, but I enjoyed every one of them. The swamp is a place that I will
return to. A list of sightings is below. Some appear to be early, or late,
according to the check list.

Red-shouldered Hawk
Chimney Swift
Ruby-throated Hummingbird