RFI: Birding in SC (fwd); snow; politics

Hi Carolinabirders,

At the end of this message, an RFI from BIRDCHAT about birding in the
Florence, SC area. Please respond to Patricia Rossi <Circuscyan@AOL.COM>

Walked to school in the early afternoon today. Got snowed on profusely.
Something tells me there could be a big migrant fallout going on
somewhere... Anyone who's even remotely near the coast should hit their
favorite migrant trap and see what's going on! Meanwhile, hopefully the
cold nights predicted over the next 48 hours aren't going to decimate all
the insects and herps and plants that have emerged, and the breeding
birds that are already here...

Meanwhile, stopped en route to peek at a copy of the New York Times.
Found out that EPA administrator Christine Whitman decided to drop the
procedural roadblocks to the "Tulloch Rule", a bit of legislation I
mentioned not too long ago designed to protect wetland habitats. Good to
see that there's SOMEbody in the executive branch who gives a darn about
birds, wildlife, and the environment! And the NYT article even quoted our
own Derb Carter on the front page.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose