Re: feather ID

Wow, I never expected such a lot of responses! I'm glad my little
find was able to provoke debate, and I learnt a lot about the
Migratory Bird Treaty Act from all this. I guess to be safe rather
than sorry, I should "release" my flicker feather back into the wild.
Shame. Maybe I'll photograph it first... no law against this I hope?

What about feathers from a captive bird? Would this depend on whether
the bird is a protected species, whether it is captive-bred or taken
from the wild?

Keep the debate going, this is all fascinating stuff.

Steve Perry