Yard birds

Hey everyone!

I was greeted yesterday at my platform feeder with a bird that I have
never seen before--a white-crowned sparrow.  I'm sure a lot of you have
seen plenty of these, but it was my first and I was very excited!  He
was hanging out by the feeder today as well eating his fill of millet.
Also yesterday, I saw my first indigo buntings of the year at the
feeders.  Two beautiful males joining the white-crowned sparrow for a
meal of millet!  Anyway, that's just an update from the north foothills!

See ya,

John Watts
Mount Airy, NC
Surry County (NW NC)