From the Kitchen Window

A day or two after the fact, but the rain the other night brought an new
visitor to our feeders.  Actually, two.  An adult male and a scruffy
first-spring male Blue Grosbeak.  Lifers for us.  The other visitors we
noted that day (Apr 23) are listed below:

Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting
Ruby-throated HB
Common Grackles
N. Cardinals
N. Mockingbirds (eating suet)
Am. Robbins (just watching all the others)
Am. Goldfinches
Chipping Sparrows
White-throated Sparrows
Carolina Wrens
Red-bellied Woodpeckers
Downy Woodpeckers
House Finches
Blue Jays
White-breasted Nuthatches
Brown-headed Nuthatches
Mourning Doves
Tufted Titmouses
Carolina Chickadees

Later that day I viewed an Eastern Kingbird out near Anilorac Farms while
bike riding.  He sat long enough for me to stop and put the binocs on him.
Near there a couple of Red Tails were playing in the updrafts.  Looked like
fun.
Mel Hochhalter
mhochhalter@mindspring.com
Chapel Hill, NC