Birdathon Day

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today, April 30, Paul Rogers and I did our Birdathon to raise needed funds
for Waccamaw Audubon.  We started at 5:15AM at Punchpole Landing in Horry
County on the Little Pee Dee River. We also visited Gary Phillips feeder, a
brief stop at the old Air Force Base property, (the only place in Myrtle
Beach where you can still regularly find Bobwhite and we got it in three
minutes).  Then we spent about 2 + hours at Myrtle Beach State Park and
finally finished the rest of the day at (where else) Huntington Beach S.P.
	Both of us felt comfortable with our results of 105 species.  It
definitely was not a prime migration day with the fifth straight day of
rather comfortable temperatures with nary a front of any kind in sight.
And as usual you win some and you lose some. One bird (in caps) was a
definite winner.
Brown Pelican
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Green Heron
White Ibis
Mute Swan-our last bird-we counted it because it is now about 10 years that
they have been around the Grand Strand.
Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Mallard
Blue-winged Teal-hen in the pond at MBSP
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Wild Turkey
N. Bobwhite
Clapper Rail
Sora
Common Moorhen
Am. Coot
Black-bellied Plover
Wilson's Plover
Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer
Am. Oystercatcher
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Willet
Whimbrel
Ruddy Turnstone
Western Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
Purple Sandpiper-2 on the jetty at HBSP
Dunlin
Short-billed Dowitcher
Laughing Gull
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Royal Tern
Sandwich Tern
Common Tern
Forster's Tern
Least Tern
Rock Dove
Mourning Dove
Eurasian Collared-Dove-at Garden City Beach
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Barred Owl-lots at Punchpole Landing
Whip-poor-will-1 calling one of our first birds and nary a Chuck-Go figure
Chimney Swift
Red-headed Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Acadian Flycatcher
Great Crested Flycatcher
E. Kingbird
Purple Martin
N. Rough-winged Swallow-Conway Sewage Ponds
Barn Swallow
Blue Jay
Am. Crow
Fish Crow
Carolina Chickadee
Marsh Wren
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
E. Bluebird
Wood Thrush
Am. Robin
Gray Catbird
N. Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
Cedar Waxwing
Eur. Starling
White-eyed Vireo
Blue-headed Vireo
Red-eyed Vireo
NASHVILLE WARBLER-female in  Myrtle Bush at HBSP
N. Parula
Black-throated Blue Warbler-about a dozen singing at MBSP
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Yellow-throated Warbler
Pine Warbler
Black and White Warbler