SnowyEgret- Hwy.54, etc.

  At noon today had a single Snowy Egret preening himself in the middle of
LittleCreek Impdmt.(hwy54) -- one of my very favorite birds(...right
after Pileateds,Bald Eagles, Hummers, Barred Owls, Chats, Prothonotaries,
Hooded Mergs........)

  On Mon. evening watched Mr.Campus B. Owl strutting atop the roof
of Alumni Bldg. on quad unsuccessfully stalking songbirds and digging other
things out of the roof gutter -- very entertaining!
  Same evening at 8:15 watched the summer spectacle of several hundred
C.Swifts cascading down the Franklin St. Post Office chimney -- how they all
fit in there, or know when it's their turn to dive in I can't imagine!
They've been there many many yrs. Who gets the wonderful job of cleaning
that chimney out on occasion?!

  Lastly, Jonathan Steere reported to me a dozen or more Bobwhite
at Brickhouse Rd. last weekend -- assume those were got on the count.