Re: Lincoln's Sparrow near Columbia, SC

Twitchers,
I knew I forgot something on my last post today.  Also at Bass Lake in
Blowing Rock yesterday, we saw two Lincoln's sparrows foraging in a muddy
area very near the parking area.  Gave good close looks, no binos necessary.
  Evidently there is no sexual dimorphism, but these looked different.  One
of them had a lightly colored collar-sort-of-band that extended around the
back of the neck.  This one also had much lighter streaking than the other.
Both definitely Lincolns though.  Based on Rising's "Sparrows of the United
States and Canada," one looked like the juvy plate (plate 17), though I know
this is impossible.  Interesting though.
jason