Towhee Behavior

To All:

    Yesterday as I was walking by a 50 year-old Ligustrum (sorry Josh) which
I inherited in my front garden, I heard a loud flutter and saw a female
Towhee hit the ground and "limp" away from the bush, tail spread and wings
slightly opened.  I followed her as she stayed on the ground while she led me
away from this bush.  I wondered if there were a nest inside and went back to
check.  There indeed was, and both a male and the female flew around
excitedly calling.  When I backed off, they settled down after a few minutes.
 Do Towhees engage in injured bird behavior to lure away potential predators?

    Wendy Ross Kaplan
    Charlotte, NC
    Wenbirdy@aol.com