Lark Sparrows in Dare Co.

While birding Sunday morning on Bodie Island I was pleasantly surprised to
find two (possibly three) Lark Sparrows. They were down the gated Park
Service maintenance road (off of the main road leading in to the lighthouse
where the Shiny Cowbird was located last spring). I found one at the very
back (north) end of the farthest clearing and then found two near the gravel
pile at the south end of the first clearing. Since the first bird flew I
cannot be sure that it was not half of the pair that I saw ten minutes
later. Also heard a singing Bobolink off the main road.
	Jeff Lewis
	Manteo, NC