Re: Mystery Warblers; &almost fooled; & Butterfly-early Skipper?

Tom and all,
    I too have a mystery warbler on my neighbors adjoining 8 acres, that is
not built on.  For about a week now I've been trying to find this bird that
is in very dense undergrowth on a north slope with lots of downed Fran trees
too, with a beautiful creek at the bottom.
    Guess I'll have to keep Hooded in mind since they seem to have lots of
variety in their songs, but it reminds me of a Swainson's from my Birding by
Ear cassette, which I know by now that I can only use a baseline.
    Every time I try to get close the bird stops singing and moves, it's very
frustrating.  It has a 6 syllable song, the first 4 being quicker and the
last 2 VERY emphasized and VERY final.  As far as I can tell it seems fairly
low up to lower canopy height, maybe at most 12-15 ft.
    The bird seems like it's here to stay.  Would this be at all possible for
a Swainson's?

    Was almost fooled the other day, initially thinking I was hearing a
strange sounding Black-throated Blue Warbler, which I did hear and see in the
same area the day before.  But this bird ended up being a N. Parula, with the
same beer beer beer beee, but slightly different beee, going up and over the
top as a Parula does.

    Lastly, saw a new butterfly in the yard yesterday.  When looked it up
later in Butterflies throught Binocs, it seems like it must have been either
a Peck's (Plate 61 #2 )or Zabulon Skipper (Plate 64 #1).  Since the map
doesn't show Pecks in this area and size may be too small, probably was
Zabulon, but abundance chart shows it as rare in early May.
Shelley Theye