Is "shade grown" a bait slogan???

F.Y.I folks,

I've been dedicated to shade grown for a long long time now, but it wasnt
until within this last year that I found out that shade grown doesnt have to
say "shade grown."  Many of the pure bean coffees, especially when grown
correctly (organically) require shade to be grown.  If you all purchase your
coffee from a local merchant that roasts the beans themselves, they'd be a
good person to ask about the specifics.  Furthermore, they would be much
more trustworthy that your local chain with a "shade grown" sign stuck on
the coffee bin.  I dont remember all the beans that are always shade grown,
but I have been informed that organic sumatran is.

Just a friendly note... not to forget that we consumers are at the mercy of
labels in this corporate sickness.  Sorry if I have repeated any info that
someone else may have submitted.

And I guess since I have probably already plucked a pessimistic string to
many of you, please remember that there are two main causes for the decline
of Neotropical migratory birds.

1.  The loss\fragmentation of tropical forests in their wintering grounds.

2.  The loss\fragmentation of forests, HERE, in their breeding habitat.

Lets all try to remember this when reaching for easy, convenient, disposable
products, when discarding or recycling paper that hasnt been fully used and
when pulling into fast food restaurants.

Forgive me if I preach to the choir.  I know this list is the last that I'd
need to post this on, but I cant pass up the opportunity... you may kick me
off now.

Drink up.  Have a beautiful day.

jason