HBSP on 5-12

Hi Carolinabirders,

	As part of the North American Migration Count for Georgetown County,SC
Charlie Heacock and I birded at HBSP.  We had 79 species there and picked
up 5 more at Garden City Beach.  Ours was one of three small parties
covering Georgetown County.  Unfortunately only the eastern parts of the
county were covered.  Wendy Allen and Margaret Pacillio were doing Hobcaw
Barony and Mike Doyle hopefully covered the Santee Delta.  Margaret did
call to say that Wendy found a male Bay-breasted Warbler which she also
saw, a real nice find for Spring along the coast.
Amazing, we did not see or hear a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.
	The weather at start time 7AM was clear with temps in the low 60's and
reaching about to the mid 80's by mid afternoon.  From 3 pm on clouds moved
in from the south and winds in the 10 mph range picked up to near gale
force 35 mph.
We had to hustle to get off the beach at 4:30 but still managed to get
caught in a 5 minute thunderstorm.
	Here goes for what Charlie and I had.
Brown Pelican-28
Double-crested Cormorant-41
Least Bittern-1
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-2
Snowy Egret-8
Little Blue Heron-3
Tricolored Heron-2
Green-backed Heron-1
Black-crowned Night-Heron-1 imm.
Turkey Vulture-1
Osprey-2
N. Bobwhite-1 heard only
Clapper Rail-2
Common Moorhen-3
Black-bellied Plover-5
Wilson's Plover-6
Semipalmated Plover-52
Black-necked Stilt-3
Greater Yellowlegs-1
Willet-10
Spotted Sandpiper-2
Whimbrel-2
Ruddy Turnstone-5
Sanderling-24
Western Sandpiper-2
Semiplamated Sandpiper-3
Least Sandpiper-3
peep sp-116
Pectoral Sandpiper-1
Purple Sandpiper-1
Dunlin-16
Short-billed Dowitcher-10
Laughing Gull-5
Ring-billed Gull-1 immature
Herring Gull-1 immature
Royal Tern-50 all in breeding plumage at the jetty pond. Lots of copulation
goin on.
Forster's Tern-2
Least Tern-2
Rock Dove-4-at Garden City Beach
Mourning Dove-17
Eurasian Collared Dove-1 at Garden City Beach
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-2
Chimney Swift-1
Red-bellied Woodpecker-2
Piliated Woodpecker-1
E. Wood Pewee-2 heard only
Great Crested Flycatcher-6
E. Kingbird-2
Purple Martin-12 at Garden City Beach where there are a number of Martin
houses
Barn Swallow-3
Blue Jay-3
Fish Crow-3