HBSP on 5-18

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today from about 8:30 AM to 1:45 PM  Bob Maxwell and I birded at
Huntington Beach S.P., Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC.  We covered
the Causeway, high declining tide, Kerrigan Trail, carriage path, jetty and
jetty pond. About 43 species. Overcast all morning, sunny and humid by noon

Brown Pelican-5
Double-crested Cormorant-7
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-2
Snowy Egret-5
Little Blue Heron-2
Tricolored Heron-3
Osprey-2
Clapper Rail-3 heard only
Black-bellied Plover-4 all but one in alternate plumage
Wilson's Plover-2
Semipalmated Plover-22
Black-necked Stilt-3
Lesser Yellowlegs-1
Willet-2
Whimbrel-1
Ruddy Turnstone-7
Red Knot-1 FINALLY on the beach south of the jetty pond
Sanderling-8
Semipalmated Sandpiper-2
LONG-WINGED CALIDRID SP-1 If I was forced to guess I'd say White-rumped
Sandpiper.
Bird never exposed the rump or flew.  It was walking quickly around some
vegitation in the edge of Mullet Pond.  Plumage didn't seem to fit breeding
plumage for either white-rumped or Baird's. It was a puzzlement.
Dunlin-2
Short-billed Dowitcher-8
black-legged peep-35
Laughing Gull-8