black headed grosbeak in Edgecombe Co.

Hey all twitchers,

My mom and I decided after much debate that she had a mommy black headed
grosbeak at her feeder for two consecutive mornings.  I made her describe
everything that she saw before she looked at the book.  She described the
bill of a grosbeak, the yellow underwing coloration, the breast...  This was
all over the phone and then I narrowed it to a black-headed grosbeak.  When
I saw her today, I showed her the NG guide.  Didnt tell her what I thought,
and then she pointed to the same thing.  Dad says that he stood within 6
feet of her at the feeder.  Said she didnt seem frightened at all of humans.
  HHMMM.  Smells like an exhausted, confused migrant to me.

Sibley places some occurances around the northeastern NC area.  Dont know
about y'all but I'm'a give it to her.  And I'm not biased b\c she's mom.

She ran and bought film, but of course... This bird hasnt appearred since
this two day period.

Everyone have a tremendous weekend,

Jason