boat trip

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Yesterday, Mike Bernard and I took the Capt. Bill III out of Murrells'
Inlet to the gulf stream. Only eight identifiable species and the few
trully pelagic birds were few and distant.

Greater Shearwater-2
Cory's Shearwater-1 seen by Mike only as I was below deck
Lg Shearwater sp.-1
N. Gannet-4 all close to shore-3 first year birds one second year bird
Laughing Gull-2
Ring-billed Gull-1
Gull sp.-3
Caspian Tern-1
Royal Tern-1
Tern sp-1
Barn Swallow-140 plus miles out, but I have had them out there before also
at the end of May.
Common Yellowthroat-1 female- Also 40+ miles out.  Off and on the boat for
about 2 hours. Spent some time in the wheelhouse taking a turn at the helm
before being shooed out by the captain. It would sally forth about 150
yards and then would make a bee line back to the boat.  Took a photo with
my new toy if anyone wants to see it.

Jack
Jack Peachey
Conway, SC