Correction on ID of Pet Store doves

Someone who needed to have a positive ID on the doves in the pet store, has called them and found that they ARE RINGED Turtle doves.  I thought the white edge on the collar was a distinguishing characteristic of Eurasian Collared Doves. Apparently not.  See Below.
Louise Barden

Hi Louise, I called the pet store and asked for Eurasian Collared-Doves, and was told that they only carry "Ring-necked Doves" (undoubtedly Ringed Turtle-Doves, Streptopelia rosaria, a common pet store bird).  I asked that she examine the color of the primary feathers to be sure, which she did.  She indicated that they were brownish, rather than blackish, confirming her identification.

It is important for birders observing Streptopelia doves in the wild to carefully identify them, as these two species are very similar, and Ringed Turtle-Doves are common escapees (they are established in a couple sub-tropical US cities as well). <<