Re: Night Herons and Flycatchers

On Saturday May 26, Claus Holzapfel (a visiting UMass biologist from
Germany) and I took a look at the Little Creek impoundment and found 1
*immature* Yellow-crowned Night-Heron.  Unfortunately the Night-Herons
were missed on the May 6 count, though they were looked for.

Great Crested Flycatchers are also fairly common nesters in suburban
neighborhoods -- they seem to be adapting well to human habitation. One
year they even tried to nest in the gutter on the corner of the roof.
(That lasted until the first rainstorm.)

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu