Purple Gallinule

Dear C'Birders:

The weeds that are choking our lake have paid off:

There is an adult Purple Gallinule  walking around in them at the end of our
dock...NOT a common Moorhen.

Yesterday my husband, sorry Bill, said there was a gallinule out there and I
said "You mean a moorhen".

Oops, and there it is this AM in plain sight.

I am at 674 Sunset Lakes Blvd, SW,  Sunset Lakes (Medcalf Lake specifically,
but there's no sign to distinguish it), mainland, Sunset Beach, NC.
Call 910-579-2446 or E-mail for directions.

Mary McDavit, otherwise known as the Tea and Toast lady.  Yep, same old
place as the Cinnamon Teal and near the Black-chinned HB site.  Feel free to
walk around the yard, not necessary to call first.  I expect he may move
around the lake.
osprey1@mindspring.com