10th Anniversary and Cedar Waxwings

Today marked my 10th anniversary as a volunteer at Eno River State Park.  We
(Birdwatching 101) saw many Prairie Warblers, male and female Blue Grosbeaks,
Indigo Buntings and surprisingly 5 or 6 Cedar Waxwings.  I don't usually see
them this late at the Eno.  We got good looks at Yellow-Throated Warbler,
Northern Parula and an Acadian Flycatcher.  One member of the party got to
see the Yellow-billed Cuckoo.  Bluebird families were out in good numbers. We
saw and heard much more.

As a side note, I have been feeding birds in my yard for 25 years and this is
the first year that Bluebirds have joined the queue at the suet feeders.
This last week Papa Bluebird brought his 3 offspring to the suet as well and
even chasing off a Starling that happened by.  Hooray Papa Bluebird!

Edith Tatum
Durham, NC