HBSP on 6-10

Hi Carolinabirders,
	This morning, Paul Rogers and I birded at Huntington Beach State Park,
Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC.  Areas covered were the causeway at
incoming high tide. We also made a loop of Mullet (Alligator) pond, from
the Kerrigan Trail, carriage path and the old entrance road. Regretably we
came across some serious vandalism along the Kerrigan Trail-the display
exhibits were all riped off their posts and in one case thrown into the
pond at the overlook. Since Paul and I were on the trail at 8:15 AM. I feel
this probably happened the night before, so probably some individuals,
(kids?) in the campground are involved. The morning was mostly clouduy with
a slight breeze from the south. 39 species seen in the park with a
Red-headed Woodpecker seen hammering on a utility pole along highway 17.

Double-crested Cormorant-2
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-8
Snowy Egret-3
Little Blue Heron-3
Tricolored Heron-1
Green-backed Heron-2
White Ibis-15
Glossy Ibis-1
Osprey-3
Common Moorhen-2
Black-necked Stilt-4
Laughing Gull-6
Ring-billed Gull-1
Mourning Dove-3
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-3 heard only
Great Horned Owl-1 slumbering in the open on a branch of a tall pine.
Found by Paul's eagle like eyes
Chimney Swift-3
Red-bellied Woodpecker-5
Great Crested Flycatcher-3
E. Kingbird-5 adult nearby young birds almost ready to fledge 3 sitting
inside and 2 outside within a few inches of the nest
Blue Jay-4
Crow sp.-4
Carolina Chickadee-4 heard only
Tufted Titmouse-12