Peregrine Falcons, etc

Tom Joyce and I spent the day on the parkway between Bearpen Gap and the
Pisgah Inn.  The trail at Bearpen provided lots of good looks at veeries
and Canada warblers in particular.  Devil's Courthouse had a busload of
people coming in to see the falcons...before it arrived we were treated
to all five peregrines (two adults and three young)  flying around the
area at once, the young ones definitely testing their wings and flying
prowess with the updrafts and currents.  The whole area from Soco Gap to
Pisgah Inn is full of cedar waxwings.  We ended the day with good looks
at two broadwinged hawks.

Connie Ward
Maggie Valley, NC
cward@haywood.main.nc.us