on the ocean

Hi birders and butterfliers,

Yesterday, I went on a headboat birding trip out of Murrell's Inlet,
Georgetown County, SC.  The boat was the Capt. Bill III.  While looking for
birds the butterflying was almost as good.  Lots of flying fish but no
sargassum, whatsoever.
I don't know for sure that the boat ever was in the Gulf Stream. At any rate:

Cory's Shearwater-1
Greater Shearwater-1
Caspian Tern-1 <5 miles out
median size Terns-2 about 10 miles out

probable Monarch-about a mile offshore-not unusual I suspect.
Mourning Cloak-1 about 45 miles offshore. Just being taken by the breeze.
Surely no nector out there.  Probably blown out to sea by the storms
associated with the remnants of "Allison". Anybody else seen butterflies
well offshore?

Jack
Jack Peachey
Conway, SC