Willow Flycatcher; no Brewer's BB

This morning I tried to locate the leucistic Brewer's/Red-winged/whatever at
the Rt. 136 end of Lake Don T. Howell in Cabarrus County (Coddle Creek
Reservoir) but couldn't.  There were numerous Red-winged BBs and several
grackles, though.  Many of the male Red-wings sported white epaulets, with
red showing only in flight or at high magnification in the scope.

While looking at the Red-wings and grackles, a Willow Flycatcher kept
fitz-bewing from the thicket of small trees about 30 yds. off the road
towards the water.  I finally got the scope on it just before a male
Red-wing chased it away.  This bird was about 50 yds. north of where the
power line crosses Shimpock Rd.

FYI both the second and third generation of farmers on Shimpock Rd. say they
usually have Great Horned Owls nesting in their silo.

I don't usually do this, but indulge me: "You must not know too much, or be
too scientific about birds and trees and flowers...; a certain free margin,
and even vagueness-perhaps ignorance, credulity-helps your enjoyment of
these things."
Walt Whitman, May 4, 1881.

Danny Swicegood
Cornelius, NC