outerbanks info?

Hey all you twitchers,

I'm sure everyone has missed my pesky emails since the migration.  I
apologize.  Its field season!  And man have I seen some beautiful places,
and magnificent little birdies once again.  Driving miles and miles before
dawn, dodging what seems to be (though maybe hallucinations) thousands of
overpopulated ungulates in N.C. and VA.  Going to bed shortly after lunch.
Many other college folk claim that my mornings are actually part of their
evenings.

But anyway,  heading to the outer banks for a little R & R & insects &
profuse sweating during the first of July.  I went to Wings Over Water a
couple of years back and remember the spots that turned up the birds in the
fall.  However, I am wondering if anyone can donate some info on the hot (no
pun) summer spots for birds.  I assume many of them are the same.  Maybe all
of them.  I am very familiar with the outer banks, so there is no need for
directions.  Just some locale info would be nice. Staying at Lake
Mattamuskeet for the first day or two and then hitting the islands.

Also, (under my breath) I know this is a bird list, but I hear that some of
you are interested in Leps too.  Any info on butterfly spots would be
fantastic.  Any who graciously repond to this, please do so off list.

Thanks all and happy birding,

Jason Bulluck
Masters Candidate,
Appalachian State University, Biology
Boone, NC

Humanity is exalted not because we are so far above other living creatures,
but because knowing them well elevates the very concept of life.    Edward
O. Wilson