Red Crossbills @ Mt. Mitchell State Park

For anyone interested, the Red Crossbills were pretty easy to find
yesterday (Sunday, 24 June) at Mt. Mitchell SP. Mark Peoples and I found
them on the trail between the Visitor's Center and the restaurant, closer
to the Visitor's Center.

A couple of questions: (1) Would a Prairie Warbler be unusal at Mt.
Mitchell? I heard one, but didn't see it. For no good reason that I can
think of, it struck me as unusual. (2) I also heard, but did not see,
chickadees. As I have heard Black-cappeds only once (in Virginia) and am
no expert, I am wondering if the chickadees I heard were likely Black-
capped or Carolina. Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,

Bob Ellis
Columbia, SC
scbirder@email.com