Tree Swallow: First SC Nestlings Banded

HI . .

Thanks to tips from Steve Wagner and Scott Stegenga, I journeyed
today (25 June) to Table Rock State Park to view what is apparently
one of South Carolina's first Tree Swallow nests--all three of which
have been found this year.

While there I banded five nestlings--believed to be the first Tree
Swallow nestlings ever banded in the state.

Details and photos are at
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ResearchSwallowTreeMain.html .

Happy Birding,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.