forum etiquette( in response to Lisabirder's last post)

 Lisa,

Birders and falconers (I am all too familiar with both eccentric groups) are
inherently anti-social or at least often have socialization challenges (we
REALLY seem to get these in the northwest corner of the state). I would take
what anyone on this forum, myself included, with a grain of salt. As a
biologist, I have to laugh at some of the ridiculous assumptions that some
carolinabirds folks have about nature.

I don't know exactly what exchange of words occurred, but nonetheless the
following applies. People should try to be respectful of others when
communicating either opinions or factual information on this forum. For
example, when someone such as a falconer extends an invitation to the
members of this forum to attend a field meet, it is not appropriate to
openly humiliate him in a replying post, even if they harbor anti-falconry
sentiments which they are entitled to do. Alienation achieves nothing, and I
have learned this the hard way a few times. I would encourage whoever it was
that dampened your spirits to reconsider their approach in the future as
well as give thought to an apology. I would also encourage you to reconsider
resigning from the forum, remembering that thoughtless people are in great
abundance in todays world.

Eric Harrold
Charlotte, NC