Re: California Condors

>By the way, a friend in CA told me that condors have been released in the
>Grand Canyon.  Is this true?  Where are other release sites outside of CA,
>if any?  What a sight that would be!  Has anyone in this group seen a
>condor?

On April 24,1997 we were fortunate to see a California Condor at Vermillion
Cliffs, AZ , very near the first release site which is not too far from the
Grand Canyon.   I don't remember how many were in the first group but know
a few have been killed.  I think I read one was picked off by a Golden
Eagle.  I believe there has been more releases since then.

Joan Macdonald
Brevard, NC