Breeding range of House Wren

I have had a lone house wren in my yard for about 3 weeks now that sings
up a song for hours every morning, I was sort of happy to see him
because he's a new yard bird for me.  It appears to be a male trying to
attract a mate. I read in my Thayer's birding guide that the male starts
a nest while trying to attract a female, and it appears that he has
started to build a nest in a wren house in my yard. I looked in several
birding guides for the breeding range of this bird and it varies from
book to book from the North Carolina State line near the mountains to
just below it in upstate South Carolina. My question is does this bird
normally breed in upstate South Carolina? I was thinking he was having
so much trouble finding a mate because he's outside of his breeding
range.

--
Linda Sharp
Greenville, SC