HBSP on July 6

Hi Carolinabirders,
	This morning I birded at solo at Huntington Beach S.P., Murrells Inlet,
Georgetown County before the TORNADO. That's right, a tornado hit Myrtle
Beach from Broadway at the Beach south to Springmaid Pier and then became a
waterspout as it went over water at Murrells Inlet. Considerable damage and
some, so far minor, injuries. This storm was at 4:30 and I was out of the
park where it was still sunny at 1 PM. It was hot and humid though.  I
birded the Jetty area and Kerrigan Trail, and much of the carriage path. 33
species.

Brown Pelican-5
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-3
Snowy Egret-1
Green Heron-2
Wood Stork-7
Black-bellied Plover-23 all in non-breeding plumage
Wilson's Plover-7 the chicks have about doubled their size in one week
Great Yellowlegs-1 heard only
Willet-10
Whimbrel-1 in a rather drab plumage. I don't think this individual bred
this year
Ruddy Turnstone-5
Short-billed Dowitcher-19 May I have a drum roll, please. Five were in good
breeding plumage and I figure these individuals were the first southbound
migrants.  About a week before the earliest date in Post & Gauthreaux.
Laughing Gull-2
Royal Tern-25
Sandwich Tern-4
Common Tern-19