Swallow-TailedKitesMeggettSC

It was a delight to see a large pair of swallo-tailed kites circling over our
farm field on Sunday, July 8 .  They were swooping rather low to the ground
which caught my eye as I was driving on Church Flats Rd. about noon.  I
stopped the car and watched the pair for five minutes.  They began circling
higher and drifting toward Wadmalaw Sound.  Finally they were out of view.

This is speculation but I wondered if the kites were following a fledling.
As I moved my car forward on the road a very large bird flew out of a pine
tree.  It flew in the opposite direction from the car so I could not get a
good look at it as the trees blocked my view.

Cherrie Sneed
Church Flats Rd
Meggett, SC
Southern Charleston County