Re: Requiem for a groundhog

Hey Clyde--

Enjoyed the groundhog post, it cleared up what I thought was a startling
sighting a few months ago.

I had G-C Flycatcher nest in a newspaper box in Washington, Beaufort County.
Had affixed it to a tree in the hardwood bottomland on my property on
Tranter's Creek.

Nothing special on mounting. I simply put it as high as I could reach. I had
a few discarded boxes from the Washington Daily News where I worked at the
time. After a few calls from readers over the years reporting bird nests in
their paper boxes, I took a few old ones home and put them around the yard.

Off the top of my head, I don't remember anything but Carolina Wrens and GC
Flycatchers nesting in them.

Ric Carter
Garner/ Little Washington