Early Migrants/Post-Breeding Wanderers

I had the day off work, so I went to Glenn Hilton Park in Hickory this
morning to see if there might be some early migrants around.  Sure enough I
found a few and a few others that were most likely post-breeding wanderers.
I had 4 warbler species including Worm-eating, American Redstart,
Black-and-white, and Northern Parula.  Also seen were Yellow-billed Cuckoos,
Great-crested Flycatcher, Eastern Kingbird, Blue-grey Gnatcatchers, and
Green Heron.  With the exception of the Gnatcatchers and Parula, none of
these birds nest in the park.  Looks like this could be a great fall
migration in the foothills!

Dwayne
Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club