PELAGICS / MISSISSIPPI KITE

I just returned home from a day of scuba diving out of Morehead City, NC.  I
saw about ten (10) CORY'S SHEARWATERS and one (1) GREATER SHEARWATER as they
passed very close to the boat as we headed about 30 miles SE of Morehead
City, NC.  There were more shearwaters passing far off the boat, but I could
not confirm identification since I did not have binoculars with me.

On the way home this afternoon, there was a MISSISSIPPI KITE feeding  along
the side of Rt.17 just South of the town of Vanceboro.  The kites seem to be
everywhere this year!

-Brad Carlson
Winterville, NC
BradCarlson1@hotmail.com